Saturday, December 1, 2012

In honor of Tebo, by Darwin Hostetler



         A Battle lost....But a victory won!



My minds been traveling down memories lane

But my heart is in prayer for a family in pain

Yes, I know that our loss is Tebo's  gain

But The tears still come like falling rain



Tebo,

I stood there beside you when you said "I do"

And you were faithful all these year's thru

I'll not forget when you stayed in our home

You played with my children like they were your own



You wired my shop,then at the end of the day

We gathered to sing and took time to pray

We wept with you as you struggled in pain

Not knowing how soon your life would see gain



Your battle is over, our race we still run

You went on to Glory not knowing your son

We continue the fight in the army of prayer

And trust that one day, you'll meet them over there.



I set here with tears as I send you this prayer

Yes I know, it's so much better because Jesus is there.

So we wait our turn, and one day we'll meet with our King

Jesus is the sweetest friend I know....together we'll sing      

                                                                   ~Darwin Hostetler



     In our teen years Jeff spent time at our house a few summers and we have lots of good memories. Darwin and Jeff were partners in crime, the first thing that comes to mind is when they killed and ate a rattlesnake.My Mom wasn't home .......does that tell the story?:) I wasn't home either, thankfully, because I know Jeff would have coerced me into taking a bite:(               Now they are no longer partners in crime but brothers in Christ.

    I really like these lines in the poem........

We continue the fight in the army of prayer

And trust that one day, you'll meet them over there.

......referring to Jeff's family. Lets please remember to pray for his family, I know Jeff wants to see them again.Pray for their spiritual condition and that they can be reconciled to the Kropf family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment