Friday, July 19, 2013

Repurposing a short jean skirt

   I had A Lot of fun with this. My daughter needed some different skirts and so I went thrift store sale-ing. They really didn't have anything I liked. All of them were way to short. I decided to get short ones and add a couple layers to lengthen them. But after I was home I figured out this one was to small.

  I don't have pictures of every step because I never think of doing that until I'm all done. But I ended up adding a slightly flared strip into the side to make the waist bigger and then added 2 more layers. I kind of like the end result. It looks sorta vintage!







 Here is a side view so you can see the flare on the strip in the side. I did end up putting a dart at the waist because I initially got it too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment