Friday, January 3, 2014

The New Year 2014

We have a new year! I don't do New Years Resolutions. I find them too discouraging because They usually fizzle away before I even get to the end of the month.

I like what I find in God's word......His mercies are new every morning.

And I like the quote from Anne of Green Gables...."Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it."

    I find the end of a year and the beginning of another not a really huge landmark for me. Every new day brings hope, because of Jesus. Because I can walk with him and he watches over me. He tells me when I am wrong. He directs my path and asks me to walk in the light. He comforts me when I am troubled and gives me grace when I need it. All my needs are met in my walk with him. He deserves all the praise I can give him. For he is God and he has delivered me from the kingdom of darkness and transferred me into his Kingdom of Light.

   So even though I am a stumbling, bumbling human. I find that Jesus keeps his hand under my elbow and guides me through. When I fall into the mud of this world, because I skipped ahead to far or wandered off to the side. He calls my name, and he picks me up and cleanses me with his word and heals my wounds with the balm of his forgiveness and love. He is a wonderful, wonderful Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment